The last few months have been an unprecedented time for the charity sector.
Many charities are closing their doors and suspending or withdrawing their vital services for patients.
Since lockdown came into effect, the team at Friends of the Cancer Centre have worked tirelessly.
Their aim is to ensure that patients continue to receive the care and support they need.
That’s just what friends do.
In recent weeks Friends of the Cancer Centre has:
- Continued to fund 35 additional members of staff through this crisis. Including 9 specialist nurses who have contributed an extra 3,000 hours of care since March.
- Provided over £10,000 in financial support to patients in the last two months alone.
- Purchased 10 tablets to help patients who couldn’t see family and friends stay in touch with loved ones.
- Worked to replace the face to face services that we fund. This has included yoga classes, with online videos that people can use at home.
- Supported the development of restoration spaces, also known as wobble rooms, which provide staff with a quiet space to stop and rest.
- It even helped one of their nurses host an 18th birthday party for a young patient celebrating her special day on the ward, without their family.
Friends of the Cancer Centre is committed to continuing this vital work to ensure that you and your loved ones receive the support you need.
You can find out more by visiting www.friendsofthecancercentre.com
There are lots of ways you can donate to Friends of the Cancer Centre.
Leaving a Gift in Your Will is an amazing way of continuing your support for the Friends of the Cancer Centre, long into the future.
Friends of the Cancer Centre invites you to become our Forever Friend by leaving a gift in your Will to help future generations to live healthier, happier, longer lives.
For more information about leaving a gift in your Will to Friends of the Cancer Centre you can visit this special area on their website.
Forever Friend – Leaving a Gift in your Will to Friends of the Cancer Centre
To help plan your Will why not download Will to Give’s FREE Will writing Guide here.