How would you like to be remembered?
Everyone has the potential to leave behind incredible legacies for future generations.
You might not be physically on this earth anymore but how you live your life, the choices you make, the things you say, the words you write can live on spreading from generation to generation.
Each and every one us probably remember at least one person who has had a profound impact on our lives, one who we tell our children or our friends about.
Perhaps it was a teacher, a sports coach, a boss or maybe even a stranger.
Something they said to you, how they behaved, an act of kindness or a written word.
Enough to make you remember them with fondness, enough to make you tell others about the type of person they were.
Here are 5 quotes about leaving a legacy that might make you stop and think about how you would like to be remembered…
1. “Immortality is to live your life doing good things, and leaving your mark behind.” —Brandon Lee
2. “Carve your name on hearts, not tombstones. A legacy is etched into the minds of others and the stories they share about you.” —Shannon L. Alder
3. “I think the whole world is dying to hear someone say, ‘I love you.’ I think that if I can leave the legacy of love and passion in the world, then I think I’ve done my job in a world that’s getting colder and colder by the day.” —Lionel Richie
4. “That is your legacy on this Earth when you leave this Earth: how many hearts you touched.” —Patti Davis
5. “Your story is the greatest legacy that you will leave to your friends. It’s the longest-lasting legacy you will leave to your heirs.” —Steve Saint
Will to Give is a unique network of charities working together to encourage people in Northern Ireland to leave a charitable gift in their Will.