The Deep River Rock Belfast City Marathon 2019 is just THREE days away.
The 2019 event sees a new and improved route with the race now starting at Stormont and finishing at Ormeau Park.
This year’s Belfast City Marathon is also being held one day earlier on Sunday 5th May rather than its usual May Day Monday.
Over 17,000 runners are expected to take part taking in the sights of the North, South, East and West of Belfast in full marathon, wheelchair, team relay and 9 mile walk categories.
Joining them will be a relay team from Cleaver Fulton Rankin solicitors, key supporters of Will to Give.
They have kindly chosen to support Will to Give and the Stroke Association.
You can support them by donating to their GoFundMe page.
This year’s team is comprised of:
- Leg A. Stormont Castle to Ormeau Park – 6.9 miles Michael Graham
- Leg B. Ormeau Park to Boucher Road – 3.9 miles Leah Clark
- Leg C. Boucher Road to Falls Road – 4.5 miles Kristina Killen
- Leg D. Falls Road to Duncairn Gardens – 5.2 miles Peter Devlin
- Leg E. Duncairn Gardens to Ormeau Park – 5.7 miles Nathan Campbell
Good luck guys! We’ll see you at the finish line.
This year’s official charities are Belfast Arthroplasty Research Trust (BART); Cancer Focus NI; Stroke Association; Air Ambulance NI and Action Mental Health.
We wish these charities all the very best in their fundraising efforts.