What we do
The Welcome Organisation provides unconditional care and support for people affected by homelessness in the greater Belfast area. We help around 1,400 people every year through our range of services:
- Drop-in Centre: Open from 8am-10pm, 365 days per year providing free access to: Hot meals | Tea and coffee | Showers | Toilets | Internet | Laundry facilities | Pool table | Advice | Health support and more
- Street Outreach: On the streets of greater Belfast from 7am to 2am every day of year. Our Outreach staff and volunteers are trained to provide potentially life-saving care and support for people on the street.
- Crisis Accommodation for women: Providing overnight accommodation for some of the most vulnerable women in Belfast. 154 different women used the service in the 12 months from April 2017-March 2018
- Floating Support: Providing support for people who have been homeless but have now accessed accommodation.
- Welcome Home: Our furniture and creative arts project, providing furniture to people who are moving on from homelessness.
Gifts in Wills
The Welcome Organisation began as a community based initiative in Belfast in 1996. We remain rooted in the community and all the money raised for The Welcome Organisation goes directly towards our services to help people affected by homelessness here.
By making a gift in your Will to The Welcome Organisation you will be making a real and positive difference to the lives of some of the most vulnerable and at risk people in our communities. Your gift will go directly towards our services for people affected by homelessness – including our Drop-in Centre where it costs £3 per day to feed a homeless person and we serve around 40,000 meals per year.
Information your solicitor will need
Registered address: The Welcome Organisation, Townsend Enterprise Park, 36 Townsend Street, Belfast, Antrim, BT13 2ES
Registered Charity Number: NIC103976