What we do
Action Cancer is Northern Ireland’s leading local cancer charity, providing its services only in Northern Ireland. Uniquely, Action Cancer is the only charity in Europe that provides free mammograms to help detect early-stage breast cancer in women.
The charity also:
- Provides a range of therapeutic supports, including counselling, coaching, support groups, peer mentoring, complementary therapies and pain relief interventions for people, including children and young people, affected by cancer.
- Provides health checks for both men and women.
- Supports research into genetic related cancers.
- Provides information and advice on cancer, health, and general wellbeing.
- Delivers an extensive range of education and cancer prevention programmes.
- Undertakes awareness and campaigning on cancer-related issues.
Gifts in Wills
Action Cancer raises and spends all of its money in Northern Ireland. With no public sector financial support the charity is required to raise £300,000 every month, an extremely big ask and challenge and only achievable because of the immense generosity and goodwill of the local public.
By making a gift in your Will to Action Cancer, you can be assured that it will be well spent in helping to save the lives of local young women through breast cancer detection and, in providing therapeutic supports and pain relief interventions to young and old affected by cancer. Your lasting legacy will be to make a positive impact on the lives of many local people both now and in the future.
Information your solicitor will need
Registered Address: Action Cancer House, 20 Windsor Avenue, Belfast, BT9 6EE
Registered Charity Number: XN 48533